Ministry is one of the essentials of our Martha life. Rooted in Christ and in communion with one another, we offer ourselves to God to reveal God's loving presence in the world.
- CSM Constitutions, # 3
Ministry engages us in concrete service that flows from the Mission of Jesus. Our mission as Marthas calls us to hear, embrace and respond to the cries for Gospel Hospitality.
Service can be expressed in many forms, such as prayer, suffering, pastoral, spiritual, educational and social, to name some. In our service we offer a quality of presence that facilitates the development of persons.
Some of our current ministries are:
- Retreat/Spirituality Ministry through Martha Centre and Bethany Center
- Parish Ministry
- Visiting seniors
- Spiritual and Religious Care:
- Wellspring Center
- Spiritual Direction
- Foot care
- Service on various Boards
- Outreach to marginalized and homeless persons
- Service in food banks and soup kitchens
- First nations Education
- Adult Education and Community Development
- Adult Faith Development.
- 12 step spirituality
- University Chaplaincy
- Bereavement Ministry
- Poverty Reduction Action
- Advocacy for Social and Ecological Justice
- Prayer Ministry
- Voice Lessons
- Mindfulness Training/Clinical Counselling
- Ministry of Presence