The purpose of this committee is to carry out our Chapter mandate to:
- deepening our awareness of the Universe Story
- the on-going development and implementation of the five Strategic Directions
- a deeper exploration of the Christian Tradition of Creation within the Universe Story.
Chapter Act 2009
The Sisters of St. Martha will actively manage their resources sustainably, as an expression of their belief in the integrity of creation and its continuing revelation of the divine. They will provide learning opportunities for sisters, staff and others to know the Universe Story and to live in right relationship with all creation. In all of this, they will use their talents to celebrate the community of life.
The Sisters of St. Martha initiate a Garden Apprenticeship Program
Bethany, Antigonish, Nova Scotia is the scene on a new initiative for the Sisters of St. Martha. They have entered into partnership with Jen and David Greenberg, well established organic gardeners in the Valley, to begin an apprenticeship program in gardening. The focus is vegetable production that is economically viable and environmentally friendly. read more...
Our five Strategic Directions act on our mandate and goal:
1. Celebrating and Deepening the Consciousness of our Connectedness
2. Enhancing Contemplative Dimension of life
3. Land Planning and Management
4. Living in Right Relationship With all of Creation
5.Collaborating and Networking with Others
Contact: Sister Donna Brady, Coordinator